Strengthen your brand by renaming your Twitch bot to your chosen name. The bot will reflect your brand in all its chat messages and community interactions.
Your Moobot will act as any name you give it, as long as you have access to the account on Twitch.
The account on Twitch can be a separate account registered by you just for your Twitch bot, uniquely named to reflect your brand, or any other account you have access to.
With your custom named Twitch bot you also have these additional benefits:
- Your Twitch bot runs on its own separate server, all fully managed by Moobot, which means it's faster and more reliable than the default Moobot, which all of Twitch share.
- You can choose the Twitch bot's color appearance in chat.
- You can choose what badges the Twitch bot has activated in chat.
- You can have the Twitch bot subscribed to you, proudly displaying your sub-badge in your Twitch chat. If you're a Twitch Partner, you can also get a free (lifetime!) sub for your bot by following this Twitch help article.
Follow these steps to rename your Twitch bot:
- First open up the
«Features»menu from the main menu, then open the
«Core features»menu from there.
- While in the
«Core features»menu, find the
«Custom bot name»feature and activate the toggle to the right-hand side of the feature to activate it.
- Subscribe to the feature through the separate menu by clicking the
«Subscribe»button and then go through that process.
- Begin granting the
«Twitch-bot account access»requirement by clicking the
«Grant»button in the requirements menu.
«Next»in the information prompt that pops up, telling you to log in to Twitch as the Twitch account you want Moobot to act as.
- In the new pop-up window that opens, click the
«not you?»link at the top part of the window (next to your user thumbnail.)
«not you?»link will let you sign in to or register the Twitch account you want Moobot to act as.
Your custom bot name should now be active!
You can go to the
«Settings» menu for the
«Custom bot name» feature to see the active name of your Twitch bot.
By activating the
«Color the messages the bot sends» checkbox, the bot will color all its messages to Twitch chat with its own color.
You can adjust the color in the chat appearance menu on Twitch (while logged in as the bot's account.)
Unfortunately, because of the heavy restrictions Twitch has put on whispers, Moobot will send all its whispers as itself, not as your bot.
This means that whispers will appear from Moobot and not from your custom named bot.
Moobot puts this restriction to avoid your Twitch bot getting wrongfully banned by Twitch.
If you want to turn off all whisper functionality in your Moobot, deactivate the
«Allow whispers to be sent as Moobot (disable all whispers otherwise)» checkbox in the
«Settings» menu for the
«Custom bot name» feature.