Strengthen your brand by renaming your Twitch bot to your chosen name. The bot will reflect your brand in all its chat messages and community interactions.
Your Moobot will act as any name you give it, as long as you have access to the given account on Twitch.
The account on Twitch can be a separate account registered by you just for your Twitch bot, uniquely named to reflect your brand, or any other account you have access to.
Additional benefits to renaming your Twitch bot
With your custom named Twitch bot you also have these additional benefits:
- Your Twitch bot runs on its own separate server, all fully managed by Moobot, which means it's faster and more reliable than the default Moobot, which is shared by all of Twitch.
- You can choose the Twitch bot's color appearance in chat.
- You can choose what badges the Twitch bot has activated in chat.
- You can have the Twitch bot subscribed to you, proudly displaying your sub-badge in your Twitch chat. If you're a Twitch Partner you can also get a free (life time!) sub for your bot by following this Twitch help article.
Renaming the Twitch bot
Simply follow these steps to rename your Twitch bot:
- First open up the
Featuresmenu from the main menu, then open the
Core featuresmenu from there.
- While in the
Core featuresmenu find the
Custom bot namefeature, and activate the toggle to the right hand side of the feature to activate it.
- Subscribe to the feature by clicking
Subscribein the message box.
- Start the process of granting the
Twitch-bot account accessrequirement by clicking the
Grantbutton in the requirements menu.
Nextin the information prompt that pops up, telling you to log in to Twitch as the Twitch account you want Moobot to act as.
- In the new popup window that opens, click the
not you?link at the top part of the window (next to your user thumbnail.)
not you?will let you sign in to or register the Twitch account you want Moobot to act as.
Note: You can skip this step of logging in / signing up with Twitch if you're already logged in to Twitch as the Twitch account you want Moobot to act as. If so, simply click the
Authoizebutton at the bottom of the page.
- Log in or sign up with the Twitch account you want Moobot to act as.
- Click the
Authorizebutton at the bottom of the page.
Your custom bot name should now be active!
Simply go to the
Settings menu for the
Custom bot name feature to see what your Twitch bot is named, which is displayed at the bottom of the menu.
Coloring the Twitch bot's messages in Twitch chat
By activating the
Color the messages the bot sends all the chat messages that the bot sends to Twitch chat will be displayed in the bot's color.
You can adjust the color in the chat appearance menu on Twitch (while logged in as the bot's account.)
Bot whispers with your renamed Twitch bot
Unfortunately due to the heavy restrictions Twitch has put on whispers, all whispers are sent from Moobot, not from your bot.
This means that whispers will appear from Moobot and not from your custom named bot.
Moobot puts this restriction to avoid your Twitch bot getting wrongfully banned by Twitch.
If you want to turn off all whisper functionality in your Moobot, simply deactivate the
Allow whispers to be sent as Moobot (disable all whispers otherwise) checkbox in the
Settings menu for the
Custom bot name feature.